Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Forgiveness and the joy it brings.

As a Christian you are called to forgive. No matter what the circumstance may be. The answer? Forgive them. As hard as it may be there is no point in holding on to an anger that just eats you alive. Satan wants you to be upset and hurt and angry. He feeds off all of those negative emotions you carry and it makes him happy. So why would you want to please someone who hates you? It's too hard right? Yea. It's extremely difficult to forgive someone who has hurt you in such a way that it changed your life, forever. I know this because I have been through it. Today a man who hurt me so much when I was younger asked me to forgive him. As the tears ran down my face the words "I forgive you" slipped out of my mouth like water. In doing so, I now feel free. Free of the pain and anger that I kept inside for so many years. I find comfort in my God. I find my happiness in my strength and faith. His love for me will never fade. Today I step out of the darkness into a bright light with a smile. The feeling of sadness that no one cared or believed me is gone. God saw everything. God let it happen because He had a plan for my life. Never look at the negativity in your life as a punishment from God. It is all from Satan and God will allow it to happen so that you find peace and comfort in Him. In the end, you have a testimony to share. One that can comfort others and possibly save someone from drowning in negativity. Let YOUR life save ANOTHER life.

No comments:

Post a Comment